Racking

A solution to the production and / or availability of a gear rack has just come to me.

Use off-the-shelf M10 threaded rod, and drive it back and fore with a mating worm wheel.

Whether you would bother to mill off the bottom of the threaded rod would be up to you.

Especially relevant to me at the moment because I am hobbing 10mm thread worm wheels

Reply to
gareth