Removing Bridgeport Table

I need to move a belt head 1969 Bridgeport with a 42" table through a doorway, and there isn't enough room to 'swing it round the door jam'
so the table will have to come off.
Has anyone done this recently and got a checklist of what order to do things in. I want to remove as little as possible, and imediately re-assemble on the other side of the doorway.
AWEM
On Fri, 18 May 2007 09:06:49 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

Depending on the type of power feed / lead screw fitted determines which way the leadscrew fits. Look under the table and see which end of the screw is plain, then take the handles, power feed [ if fitted ] and bracket off from the other end. Then remove the table bracket left and wind the screw out the nut. Some go from the right, some from the left.
The remove or slacken the gib strip, best to remove it and the adjusting screw as the slotted end is quite fragile.
Then using a chain and two tee nuts and bolts fitted centrally you support with a crane and slide off the end. The beds won't lift up as the dovetail won't allow it. Two decent blokes can lift a 42" table if no crane is handy but it takes 4 Wheatabix. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

jam'
do
which way the leadscrew

take the handles, power

adjusting screw as the

support with a crane

takes 4 Wheatabix.

Thanks John. Yes I should have mentioned that it is the older style mechanical feed that is fitted. Your note is now printed out and in my 'moving the workshop' file !!!!
AWEM
AWEM
On Fri, 18 May 2007 09:29:59 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

I take it from this that your house move is back on again?
Regards, Tony

He's buying Leatherslade Farm and a big spade <g> -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

my
Tony, yes in theory. We've had our offer accepted, and have accepted an offer on our place, and in theory the chain is very short, but we were at this stage last year when I found I was buying from a crook and had to pull the plug. So I'm in that limbo state where there is masses to get prepared but am nervous about doing too much incase it all goes pear shaped.
(Last year the vendor eventually sold the paddock for cash to five different people, one of whom beat him up when he found out, and the house went to one of my wife's patients who found he had looped round the electricity meter, and they couldn't get insurance as he had put in a false burglary claim. He skipped the country without paying his estate agent!)
AWEM
On Fri, 18 May 2007 10:17:26 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

What a nice gent! I hope the present one works out a little better for you.
Regards, Tony