RIVNUT - rivet nuts help

I've an application for a riveted in threaded insert. Rivnuts would seem to fit the bill but I often see described as "blind" whereas all the photos seem to show them as open both ends. Can they take a through bolt or if not are they soft enough to run a tap through post installation.

Apologies if this is a dumbe question but I've never seen one in use.

TIA

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bob,

The set I use are fixed by threading onto a stem that can go all the way through if needed, so the thread is preserved during the squeezing. So to answer in short is yes

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Thank you Andrew for an almost instant reply as well as what I wanted to hear! Hope all is well with you & yours

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Late, since Andrew's given the answer. But what the hey!

The ones I've got have through holes, as had the NutSerts I used decades ago. Blind ones could be quite handy at times, but I haven't seen them like that.

Regards Mark Rand

Reply to
Mark Rand