RIVNUT - rivet nuts help

I've an application for a riveted in threaded insert. Rivnuts would seem to fit the bill but I often see described as "blind"
whereas all the photos seem to show them as open both ends. Can they take a through bolt or if not are they soft enough to run a tap through post installation.
Apologies if this is a dumbe question but I've never seen one in use.
TIA
Bob
"Bob Minchin" wrote in message

Bob,
The set I use are fixed by threading onto a stem that can go all the way through if needed, so the thread is preserved during the squeezing. So to answer in short is yes
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rivinut&biw 64&bihb6&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved hUKEwjFm-rxwLzPAhVLBsAKHWnEASsQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=KZ4bYsNdLcfdZM%3A
Andrew
Andrew Mawson wrote:

Thank you Andrew for an almost instant reply as well as what I wanted to hear! Hope all is well with you & yours
Bob
On Sun, 2 Oct 2016 17:07:59 +0100, Bob Minchin

Late, since Andrew's given the answer. But what the hey!
The ones I've got have through holes, as had the NutSerts I used decades ago. Blind ones could be quite handy at times, but I haven't seen them like that.
Regards Mark Rand
--
RTFM