Small milling machine

I am in the market for either a vertical or a universal small milling machine with a similar work capacity to my Myford ML7, and am looking for
recommendations please. The Sieg X3 looks to be almost the right size but the table seems to be aluminium and rather flimsy. If I bought an old secondhand British or American machine what would be suitable models at about this size?
It would have to be something that runs on single phase 220 volt, or an inverter from a domestic power supply.
Clifford Coggin Kent England
On 12/10/16 16:00, Cliff Coggin wrote:

No, the X3 table is cast iron and generally OK, especially once tweaked.
The main problem with the X3 is the column, which is U-shaped not box-shaped, and therefore not really stiff enough. It's also not deep enough either, the apparent depth is casing, not column.
the Bristol show, but can't recall the seller - I'm going to the Midlands show on Saturday, if they are there I'll post a link.
There are a few like that around: I would not recommend the Seig (Super) X3 though, you can find better.

Not usually a problem.
-- Peter Fairbrother
"Peter Fairbrother" wrote in message
On 12/10/16 16:00, Cliff Coggin wrote:

No, the X3 table is cast iron and generally OK, especially once tweaked.
The main problem with the X3 is the column, which is U-shaped not box-shaped, and therefore not really stiff enough. It's also not deep enough either, the apparent depth is casing, not column.
the Bristol show, but can't recall the seller - I'm going to the Midlands show on Saturday, if they are there I'll post a link.
There are a few like that around: I would not recommend the Seig (Super) X3 though, you can find better.

Not usually a problem.
-- Peter Fairbrother
Thanks Peter.
Cliff.
On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 4:09:26 PM UTC+1, Cliff Coggin wrote:

at

Hi, I've got a Centec 2A that I need to sell. It has the vertical head and a 4" riser block to give a bit more clearance than the standard. It's in pretty good nick. If you are interested pm me.
Andy Cawley
"Anzaniste" wrote in message
Hi, I've got a Centec 2A that I need to sell. It has the vertical head and a 4" riser block to give a bit more clearance than the standard. It's in pretty good nick. If you are interested pm me.
Andy Cawley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Andy. Tell me more. I don't know what "pm me" means so I have emailed you.
Cliff.
On 12/10/16 17:37, Peter Fairbrother wrote:

Midland exhibition was a bit of a surprise, almost no models except a lot of sit-on-sized steam traction engines (outside). A fair number of traders, but a bit cramped, both stalls and people spaces.
Could have been more traders though - no Chronos, AET, Amadeal, Tracy, Gloster, Rotagrip..
Chap was selling smaller Axminster and Proxxon machines, but I don't think he was Axminster it/himself. No Clarke, Sealey or Draper machines (no great loss).
A considerably bigger venue is needed though.
Looked at the Chester and Warco milling machine ranges - wasn't overly impressed.
The Chester lathes looked good value though, well discounted.
I'll try and find some better milling machine links, but ...
The one I saw at Bristol was this: https://emvioeng.com/shop/machine-tools/manual-machines/emv-25vbb-milling-machine/ but on reflection I saw it in isolation - it was the only milling machine in that size there - and I didn't see it working, so I am no longer so sure about it. Looks fairly good, at least yes: good value - I don't know any more. You'll have to twist his arm if you want MT3 instead of R8.
-- Peter Fairbrother