High quality small milling machine

I have a small Mkron (Swiss) universal milling machine which I hav

owned for nearly 40 years. The quality of this is absolutely amazing it has a table 15x5 inches with power feed the heads can be changed i minutes from vertical to horizontal. In all this time there is n apparent wear to any moving part. The plus side of these machines fo the small home workshop, is that on the cast iron stand it only takes

2x2 ft space to accommodate. The main reason for this thread is that in all these years I have neve seen another or heard of anyone else with one. Must be some more ou there. Davi

-- stereotyp

----------------------------------------------------------------------- stereotype's Profile:

this thread:

stereotype

Try posting what you just posted in the deckel mayo forum here :-

I'm sure there will be other owners of your mill to converse with there ... good luck .. how about some pics at the same time when you post there

all the best.mark

Reply to
mark

and have a look here ..

all the best.mark

Reply to
mark

Thanks Mark, that Anglo Swiss Tools site is interesting, my mill is th

F75 pictured on there, I now know from the picture there is at leas one more out there. Many thanks Davi

-- stereotyp

----------------------------------------------------------------------- stereotype's Profile:

this thread:

stereotype

Thats a lovely looking interesting machine ...

only thing missing is a downfeed on the quill.

bet it ticks over like a swiss watch as well.

nice

all the best.mark

Reply to
mark

Yes Mark, every part is as smooth as silk, I have looked after it like

baby as had the original owner a clockmaker from Worthing Sussex , t make you jealous I gave about £200 for it fully equipped, but in th

1960s that was a lot of money, probably a good investment though, mayb worth a little more now. Davi

-- stereotyp

this thread:

stereotype