Myford dual metric/ imperial dials

There is a super 7 on Ebay which the seller says has dual metric an

imperial dials. I have a metric Super 7 , do myfords supply these dua dials ? Or if they are home made any info on such. Davi

-- stereotyp

----------------------------------------------------------------------- stereotype's Profile:

this thread:

stereotype

this would be the one that is described as:- "EXCELLENT CONDITION, EX - TOOLROOM

JUST USED TURNING BEARING - WELL LOOKED AFTER"

But is actually completely shagged after being used with toilet water for 40 years?

I _might_ be maligning the seller, but that's what the pictures seem to show.

It does appear to have dual dials. But I suspect that they are not geared like the Hardinge dual dials.. not enough room.

I would go to see the lathe before risking a bid on it.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

An auction number would be helpful.

Reply to
Tom

Appears to be this one:-

180150280987

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Thanks Mark

Reply to
Tom

Mark I wasn't thinking of buying it, just wanted to know if these dua dials were available ? Thanks for your reply. Davi

-- stereotyp

this thread:

stereotype

They are not listed by Myford. It would be possible to make dials calibrated as:-

0-100 thou and 0-2.54mm for the imperial leadscrews 0-2mm and 0-78.75thou for the metric leadscrews

Making a geared pair of dials using a 127tooth, a 125tooth and a common idler gear would be possible, but unpleasant unless one could find a source of 120DP internal gears.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand