Myford dual metric/ imperial dials

There is a super 7 on Ebay which the seller says has dual metric an
imperial dials. I have a metric Super 7 , do myfords supply these dua
dials ? Or if they are home made any info on such. Davi
--
stereotyp
stereotype's Profile:

stereotype
this would be the one that is described as:- "EXCELLENT CONDITION, EX - TOOLROOM
JUST USED TURNING BEARING - WELL LOOKED AFTER"
But is actually completely shagged after being used with toilet water for 40 years?
I _might_ be maligning the seller, but that's what the pictures seem to show.
It does appear to have dual dials. But I suspect that they are not geared like the Hardinge dual dials.. not enough room.
I would go to see the lathe before risking a bid on it.
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
An auction number would be helpful.
Reply to
Tom
Appears to be this one:-
180150280987
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
Mark I wasn't thinking of buying it, just wanted to know if these dua dials were available ? Thanks for your reply. Davi
this thread:
stereotype
They are not listed by Myford. It would be possible to make dials calibrated as:- 0-100 thou and 0-2.54mm for the imperial leadscrews 0-2mm and 0-78.75thou for the metric leadscrews
Making a geared pair of dials using a 127tooth, a 125tooth and a common idler gear would be possible, but unpleasant unless one could find a source of 120DP internal gears.
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand