Myford dividing head

I just bought a Myford dividing head, on the index plates there are

holes through which the fixing screws pass and a fourth hole slightl larger (not the bore through the centre) I am puzzled as to what thi fourth hole is for ? Anyone know? Sure you do. Davi

-- stereotyp

----------------------------------------------------------------------- stereotype's Profile:

this thread:

stereotype

No idea but we make Myford division plates [ shameless plug ] in fact ours are better than Myfords as they can do divisions that Myfords can't [ yet another shameless plug ]

Even better is we always have them in stock ready for next day delivery whilst Myfords are still looking for their guide dog [ even bigger shameless plug ]

Having said that I can't answer your question but we do faithfully reproduce the

1/4" hole

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

better than

Myfords are

the 1/4" hole

I have a strong suspicion that you will find that they use it for location in the jig that they use when indexing and drilling all the other holes.

That makes sense, so may not be right.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand