Bung for Blue plastic barrel

Has anyone got a 70mm x 6mm pitch threaded barrel bung I could have?
I have a 200 litre plastic barrel with two entry ports, a 2" BSP and a
70mm x 6 mm pitch, but the later is missing and I want to pump the
antifreeze from my furnance and chiller into it for transport..
TIA
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
Gotta lathe and a lump of wood???
I'll have a look in the recycling compound at work tomorrow, but wouldn't expect to find one.
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
have?
Thanks Mark that would be very kind
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
Sounds like a contradiction!
Henry
Reply to
Dragon
Nice one, but the induction furnace has copper current carrying coils with 10's of thousands of amps circulating. To keep the coil from melting, chilled water is pumped round at a great rate of knots. Freezing of the water would result in a total write off of the equipment, so it is dosed with pure ethylene glycol (unlike car antifreeze which has additives that would cause other problems. Total system volume is such that I've got over £100 worth of glycol in there, so don't want to just ditch it when moving, which would be environmentally unfriendly anyway.
Still need that 70mm x 6mm pitch blue barrel bung though :(
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
this is in a barrel I have.
[IMG]

...and cant spare it, as the barrel is full.
Ive advertised on the free-cycle groups for more 5 gal barrels .......I need 20
as i have over 100 1 gallon containers to transfer over to 5 gallon containers
if i get 20 .i can spare this bung ...no answers so far .
anyway ...if its the same, picture will contribute to your cause .
all the best....mark
.
Reply to
mark
wrong link
here again
all the best..mark
Reply to
mark
...so for a suitable bung, you would spare a bung?
Regards, Tony
Reply to
Tony Jeffree
no ,thats a one off
all or most otrher barrels have caps not bungs
all the best..masrlk
Reply to
mark
BTW Andrew ....what will you swap me for this
has half inch thick screened visor
all the best.mark
Reply to
mark
[IMG]
IMG]
Mark, thanks that looks a very likely candidate if it's 70 mm diam so I live in hope that you'll get your drums !
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
Children, perhaps - or maybe all our cats and the occassional granny ?
Is it surplus to your needs?
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
Yes it is surplus.
But if you ask me I don't really know if its meant for furnace work ..
If it was meant for extreme heat you would maybe have to wear an inner insulated balaclava type thing
It's a strange one... maybe meant for microwave radiation.
Has fine wire mesh woven into what looks like glassfibre or poly outer shell
The same wiremesh is laminated into the visor....which is something like 1/2 inch thick solid dense perspex looking stuff
Any-hows if interested give me a shout when your house move is done and you are back in operation.
Was going to put it on ebay .....but not seen anything like it on there .......and cant think of a way to describe it, so that people looking for that specific type of helmet would find it ......as it has no makers name on it.
Looks sort of like an airport firefighters helmet or a F1 pit-crew jobby .
all the best....mark
Reply to
mark
I'm afraid all I could find today were 45gallon oil drum bungs and some much larger ones used with the 1 cubic metre plastic barrels for edm waste.
Would it be worth casting one out of a bit of tinplate for a body and a canister of silicone or windscreen rubber for the sealing?
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
waste.
I may have to turn one out of the solid if all else fails - bit of a bore though.
Many thanks for looking - much appreciated
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
In article , Dragon writes
It's in case he connects it with the live and neutral reversed.
Reply to
Nigel Eaton