Bung for Blue plastic barrel

Has anyone got a 70mm x 6mm pitch threaded barrel bung I could have?

I have a 200 litre plastic barrel with two entry ports, a 2" BSP and a

70mm x 6 mm pitch, but the later is missing and I want to pump the antifreeze from my furnance and chiller into it for transport..

TIA

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Gotta lathe and a lump of wood???

I'll have a look in the recycling compound at work tomorrow, but wouldn't expect to find one.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

have?

Thanks Mark that would be very kind

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Sounds like a contradiction!

Henry

Reply to
Dragon

Nice one, but the induction furnace has copper current carrying coils with 10's of thousands of amps circulating. To keep the coil from melting, chilled water is pumped round at a great rate of knots. Freezing of the water would result in a total write off of the equipment, so it is dosed with pure ethylene glycol (unlike car antifreeze which has additives that would cause other problems. Total system volume is such that I've got over £100 worth of glycol in there, so don't want to just ditch it when moving, which would be environmentally unfriendly anyway.

Still need that 70mm x 6mm pitch blue barrel bung though :(

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

this is in a barrel I have.

[IMG]

...and cant spare it, as the barrel is full.

Ive advertised on the free-cycle groups for more 5 gal barrels .......I need 20

as i have over 100 1 gallon containers to transfer over to 5 gallon containers

if i get 20 .i can spare this bung ...no answers so far .

anyway ...if its the same, picture will contribute to your cause .

all the best....mark

.
Reply to
mark

wrong link

here again

all the best..mark

Reply to
mark

...so for a suitable bung, you would spare a bung?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

no ,thats a one off

all or most otrher barrels have caps not bungs

all the best..masrlk

Reply to
mark

BTW Andrew ....what will you swap me for this

has half inch thick screened visor

all the best.mark

Reply to
mark

[IMG]
IMG]

Mark, thanks that looks a very likely candidate if it's 70 mm diam so I live in hope that you'll get your drums !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Children, perhaps - or maybe all our cats and the occassional granny ?

Is it surplus to your needs?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Yes it is surplus.

But if you ask me I don't really know if its meant for furnace work ..

If it was meant for extreme heat you would maybe have to wear an inner insulated balaclava type thing

It's a strange one... maybe meant for microwave radiation.

Has fine wire mesh woven into what looks like glassfibre or poly outer shell

The same wiremesh is laminated into the visor....which is something like 1/2 inch thick solid dense perspex looking stuff

Any-hows if interested give me a shout when your house move is done and you are back in operation.

Was going to put it on ebay .....but not seen anything like it on there .......and cant think of a way to describe it, so that people looking for that specific type of helmet would find it ......as it has no makers name on it.

Looks sort of like an airport firefighters helmet or a F1 pit-crew jobby .

all the best....mark

Reply to
mark

I'm afraid all I could find today were 45gallon oil drum bungs and some much larger ones used with the 1 cubic metre plastic barrels for edm waste.

Would it be worth casting one out of a bit of tinplate for a body and a canister of silicone or windscreen rubber for the sealing?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

waste.

I may have to turn one out of the solid if all else fails - bit of a bore though.

Many thanks for looking - much appreciated

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In article , Dragon writes

It's in case he connects it with the live and neutral reversed.

Reply to
Nigel Eaton