to use longer screws.
I could try and source some longer No. 7 screws, although the No.7 seem
quite small for the task ???. Or take 2 different approaches.
#1 drill out the moulding and tap to M4 ? in which case any tips or
hints for tapping into such a material would be welcome ? and is the
fairly fine thread form of M4 suited to holding in a such a material.
#2 slightly simpler ? I have plenty of No8 stainless self tappers - but
would not like to simply screw these in, in case they crack the
moulding. From what I find in my ref books the hole for a No.8 self
tapping screw is 3.5mm if drilled clean.
Any issues with this approach ? the coarser thread may be of benefit in
holding in the plastic.
For both options is there a recommended drill speed & lubricant for such
material?
Reply to
rick