Plastic moulding?

Playing around with my (nearly completed) 3D printer, I began
to muse as to what else we could do with molten plastic?
We bin a great deal of packaging material into the blue bins
but how much of it could be easily melted down and re-used for our
own projects, assuming that we had to hand suitable moulds?
How would it be if some of those reall-difficult-to-machine
structural parts could be reproduced in plastic?
My particular model of printer, ...

...already has many of its components 3D printed in the first place.
Reply to
gareth

Site Timeline