Plastic moulding?

Playing around with my (nearly completed) 3D printer, I began to muse as to what else we could do with molten plastic?

We bin a great deal of packaging material into the blue bins but how much of it could be easily melted down and re-used for our own projects, assuming that we had to hand suitable moulds?

How would it be if some of those reall-difficult-to-machine structural parts could be reproduced in plastic?

My particular model of printer, ...

...already has many of its components 3D printed in the first place.

Reply to
gareth