3D printer

Getting closer to the replicator...
click on http://www.objet.com/Products/Alaris30/tabid/467/Default.aspx
If the plastic model was metalized, for example through vacuum
metal deposition, could it be used to edm a die cavity? How about conductive/graphite filled plastics?
    --Didn't see a price; bet it's still ten times what it costs to build a reprap, hehe.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Never thought I'd live to see
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : our "iron curtain" crumble...
F. George McDuffee wrote:

$40,000 US.
http://www.solidsmack.com/3d-desktop-printer-objet-alaris30/2008-10-16 /
Electrodes? You would have to have a plating thickness that exceeds the electrode wear, and it would have to be conductive all the way back to the holder.
there are a number of conductive photopolymers, but I am not sure they could handle the voltage/current levels used in EDM.
ca