Leblond 13" Regal

Need gear for lathe/ OD-2.42",Thickness-0.625,Bore-0.6825,32 teeth,keyway-0.190 Broke a tooth on my gear. Would like to get a copy of a manual ser.B7628. great shape.

Reply to
rbaldwin

Have you tried Leblond?

BillM

I Have Bill. Was trying to find a used gear. They want $253. for their gear .Thought I'd try and find one elsewhere first. Thanks

Reply to
rbaldwin

I Have Bill. Was trying to find a used gear. They want $253. for their gear .Thought I'd try and find one elsewhere first. Thanks

They ARE kind of proud of the parts aren't they!! I've got a 1948 14.5" South Bend, and I am truly amazed at what they think parts are worth for it.

  1. Fix your old gear. One broken tooth? Build it up and grab the files.
  2. Straight spur gear? Figure out if it's
14.5 or 20 degree, buy the right gear, bore and key as needed. Lot's of sources out there. I use Linn Gear a lot because they are local. Martin, Boston Gear are a couple of others. Decent gear to start with will probably be under $30.

Bill

Reply to
BillM

========== Would a gear made out of iron or steel work? Those gold gears are expensive.....

Have you checked the Boston gear catalog? They may have one that you can modify. [Still won't be cheap.]

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

Would it not be a bronze gear possibly?

Reply to