any old engine dudes in this group?

I have one of the two copies described below left - note SES = Stationary Engine Society, which was merged into ISSES in the mid 90s

what I have is a two sided photocopy of the SES newsletters from vol 1

> issue >> 1 through vol 5 issue 1 and the engine database - they are good >> photocopies >> but they are not bound, just sheets of paper. My friend had these copies >> made in May of 1990, they are very good quality copies. His receipt says >> $54.19 for 423 pages at 12 cents per page, so I am just presuming that >> one >> copy is half of that, though it's hard to know how to divide 423 by two, >> isn't it. There is a nice cover and separator printed on colored paper. >> >> Anyway, I would like to help my friend recover his costs, so one copy is >> 1/2 >> of $54.19 plus shipping - I think the best shipping is the USPS flat rate >> envleope ($5) - so that would mean $32.10 total with shipping for one >> copy. >> I think this is fair, but feel free to make me an offer if you can use >> this material

if you are interested, please contact me at william_ b_ noble at m s n daught cawm or go to my web site, below and find my email address

Reply to
William Noble

Hm, I think that we should open "American Stationary Steam Engine Society", or ASSES.

Ignoramus7021

darn - that's my line - exploit ambiguity - how about this

I am looking for aficionados of elderly stationary engines who would like this wonderful thing I am offering....

** Posted from
**
Reply to
William Noble

"William Noble" wrote: (clip) I am looking for aficionados of elderly stationary engines who would like

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I would like to meet some elderly aficionados of elderly stationary engines, especially those whose memories are not yet failing.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

there are a few still around, some of who remember stuff, but they are fading fast- a good starting point is the society I mentioned

** Posted from
**
Reply to
William Noble

I'm a member in an International Conchologist Societies - a Shell group - members are from Universities and museums as well as researchers and collectors. I'll give a speech at the Yearly meeting this year.

Some of the regional or sectional clubs - have really scandalous sounding names. ASSES is along in the style. They are full of PHD's and such - and have a good sense of humor outside of work!

Martin

Mart> >> I have one of the two copies described below left - note SES = Stationary

Martin H. Eastburn

--A Shell group? Gack! --My all time fave is the Sierra National Atmospheric Research Lab, aka SNARL. Not bad for a gummint lab, eh? ;-)

Reply to
steamer

Least I can go out and blast something without having to step on something. An upside is shell food post collecting...

Used to live on a 1.5 mile long 500 yard wide and 6 foot tall island.

Martin

Mart> Mart>> I'm a member in an International Conchologist Societies - a Shell group -

Martin H. Eastburn

--Oops I was thinking that I'm reading this group from a unix "shell" heh.

Reply to
steamer