any old engine dudes in this group?

I have one of the two copies described below left - note SES = Stationary
Engine Society, which was merged into ISSES in the mid 90s
what I have is a two sided photocopy of the SES newsletters from vol 1
> issue
>> 1 through vol 5 issue 1 and the engine database - they are good >> photocopies
>> but they are not bound, just sheets of paper. My friend had these copies
>> made in May of 1990, they are very good quality copies. His receipt says
>> $54.19 for 423 pages at 12 cents per page, so I am just presuming that >> one
>> copy is half of that, though it's hard to know how to divide 423 by two,
>> isn't it. There is a nice cover and separator printed on colored paper. >>
>> Anyway, I would like to help my friend recover his costs, so one copy is >> 1/2
>> of $54.19 plus shipping - I think the best shipping is the USPS flat rate
>> envleope ($5) - so that would mean $32.10 total with shipping for one >> copy.
>> I think this is fair, but feel free to make me an offer if you can use
>> this material
if you are interested, please contact me at william_ b_ noble at m s n
daught cawm or go to my web site, below and find my email address
Reply to
William Noble
Loading thread data ...
Hm, I think that we should open "American Stationary Steam Engine Society", or ASSES.
i
> what I have is a two sided photocopy of the SES newsletters from vol 1 >>> issue >>> 1 through vol 5 issue 1 and the engine database - they are good >>> photocopies >>> but they are not bound, just sheets of paper. My friend had these copies >>> made in May of 1990, they are very good quality copies. His receipt says >>> $54.19 for 423 pages at 12 cents per page, so I am just presuming that >>> one >>> copy is half of that, though it's hard to know how to divide 423 by two, >>> isn't it. There is a nice cover and separator printed on colored paper. >>> >>> Anyway, I would like to help my friend recover his costs, so one copy is >>> 1/2 >>> of $54.19 plus shipping - I think the best shipping is the USPS flat rate >>> envleope ($5) - so that would mean $32.10 total with shipping for one >>> copy. >>> I think this is fair, but feel free to make me an offer if you can use >>> this material > > > if you are interested, please contact me at william_ b_ noble at m s n > daught cawm or go to my web site, below and find my email address
Reply to
Ignoramus7021
darn - that's my line - exploit ambiguity - how about this
I am looking for aficionados of elderly stationary engines who would like this wonderful thing I am offering....
** Posted from
formatting link
**
Reply to
William Noble
"William Noble" wrote: (clip) I am looking for aficionados of elderly stationary engines who would like
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I would like to meet some elderly aficionados of elderly stationary engines, especially those whose memories are not yet failing.
Reply to
Leo Lichtman
there are a few still around, some of who remember stuff, but they are fading fast- a good starting point is the society I mentioned
** Posted from
formatting link
**
Reply to
William Noble
I'm a member in an International Conchologist Societies - a Shell group - members are from Universities and museums as well as researchers and collectors. I'll give a speech at the Yearly meeting this year.
Some of the regional or sectional clubs - have really scandalous sounding names. ASSES is along in the style. They are full of PHD's and such - and have a good sense of humor outside of work!
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.
formatting link

Ignoramus7021 wrote:
----== Posted via Pronews.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==----
formatting link
The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
--A Shell group? Gack! --My all time fave is the Sierra National Atmospheric Research Lab, aka SNARL. Not bad for a gummint lab, eh? ;-)
Reply to
steamer
Least I can go out and blast something without having to step on something. An upside is shell food post collecting...
Used to live on a 1.5 mile long 500 yard wide and 6 foot tall island.
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.
formatting link

steamer wrote:
----== Posted via Pronews.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==----
formatting link
The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
--Oops I was thinking that I'm reading this group from a unix "shell" heh.
Reply to
steamer

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.