Moulding material

Hi,
I want to make wax copies of an existing stainless fairly-easily-mouldable object (approx two cones with the points facing
in, which seperate on the line of thinnest contact), with very good dimensional reproduction (for later lost wax electroforming).
I've done it before, but results weren't very good.
Thinking of using high-stearin candle wax. poured into a water-soluble or otherwise removable transfer mould - I don't mind if the transfer mould is destroyed in the process.
My question is, what would be a suitable mould material? I thought of RTV with a plaster outside, but does anyone have any water-soluble or other suggestions?
Ta,
-- Peter Fairbrother
Peter Fairbrother wrote:

Peter,
I can't think what the stuff is at the moment but it sounds like something used at a glass studio I know locally when they do kiln casting to take replicas of originals and produce lost wax moulds. They are http://www.liquidglasscentre.co.uk/ at Farleigh Hungerford, actually Stowford Manor Farm. Might be worthwhile enquiring, mention my name they might even charge more (joking). I need to contact them anyway so I better refresh my memory what the stuff is.
David Billington wrote:

Peter,
From Steve's other post I think the stuff that LGC use is this sort of thing
http://www.tiranti.co.uk/subdivision_product_list.asp?Content=Gelflex+%2D+Hot+Melt+Vinyl+Rubber+%26+Ancillaries+%2D+Mouldmaking&Subcategory 3&SubdivisionI7

There is a shop on Warren street at the Portland street end who major on this stuff - they have an eCom site but I can't remember their name! I have some of their stuff in the workshop, I'll take a look tomorrow and post the name.
The shop is Tiranti's
http://www.tiranti.co.uk/subcategory_list.asp?Content sting&Category
Jason
--
jasonballamy

That's it! -

Not cheap but RTV into a substantial moulding box is one practical way to go but it really does need to be vacuumed prior to use to remove the air bubbles that will undoubtedly be included when mixing. A very careful pour down the side of the moulding box will prevent any more inclusions. You didn't say how big they were but http://www.johnburn.co.uk/index.php can supply 5Kg packs upwards.