Spring source

No, nothing to do with the date or season.
I need a couple of tension springs, about 35mm long x 8mm diameter with hooks at both ends. For a throttle return application.
Any suggestions as to where to look online that doesn't make me buy 250 of the little buggers?
Thanks
Charles
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 17:41:21 +0000, Charles Ping

Charles -
RS sell a fair variety of springs - not in 250 quantities but in 10s and 20s which might be more to your taste. Alternatively, you could wind one...
Regards, Tony
You can sometimes pick springs like that up at your local auto spares or similar.
Allan
--
Allan Waterfall

Burlen Fuel Systems. www.burlen.co.uk Surprised you didn't know that though: am I missing something (more than usual that is)? Keith
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:42:55 -0700 (PDT), wrigglymonkey

Good try Keith. However my Burlen catalogues only show a spring 3" long - too long for this job. Looks like RS might be the place to go.
Thanks chaps
Charles
Try here Charles http://tinyurl.com/28myex Minimum Qty 5 off 1.75 each
Bob
Charles Ping wrote:

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:09:18 +0000, Charles Ping

It's not usually hard to shorten them
Tim
Charles Ping wrote:

JTF cash&carry do a box of mixed springs for a couple of quid - about 200 in it - <http://www.jtf-wholesale.co.uk/
trade only, (supposedly) and it's a 10 quid minimum, but I never have any trouble :.) - they do an extensive range of chiwanese consumables like drill bits (0.5 -13mm for 3 quid), angle grinder disks (3 quid for 10 4 1/2 in) or take SWMBO to top up with bog roll and bleach :.)
--
BigEgg
Hack to size. Hammer to fit. Weld to join. Grind to shape. Paint to cover.
Charles Ping wrote:

The hardware stall in my local market sells boxes of mixed springs for 2, some of which might well do.
Otherwise a scrapped VCR will probably have one - but you'll probably need two scrapped VCRs (not that they are uncommon) for two the same.
-- Peter Fairbrother

I used to use Lee Spring also.They had an excellent catalogue about the thickness of two phone books.Haven`t needed springs for a while so don`t know what their current minimum order value is.I`ve heard they were getting sticky about handing out catalogues. Mark.

I can thoroughly recommend their range. I had a couple of their large selection boxes where I used to work. They got me out of trouble many times. www.leespring.co.uk Their catalogue is available on line as is their specification software. http://www.leespring.com/uk_index.asp?CountryCode 1# It's well worth a look.
John
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:40:37 +0000, Peter Fairbrother

My local pile-em-high and sell-em-cheap (Buyright In Hadleigh) sells probably the same boxes of 150 mixed tension and compression springs, under the ubiquitous 'Rolson' brand, also for a mere 2. I have a box of these, and rather serendipitiously it happens to have several 8 dia x 32 long tension springs with little loops on the end included in the content. E-mail sent <g>
Peter
Charles Ping Wrote:

You could always try a kart supplier.
Tabor on 01305 774074 and talk to Ron about a carburettor spring.
They do two types, a compression spring which fits between the throttle cable mount and the throttle arm and a tension variant which fits on any piece of the engine and the throttle arm.
Or try their website planetkarting.co.uk
Or Demontweeks Saxon Zipkarts etc.
--
rsss