Spring - buy or make?

I need to make or buy a spiral spring for a window regulator of an old car. The regulator was made by Bright of Coventry, so it's not the
usual Wilmot Breeden type.
The spring, which is shown at
http://www.mainbeam.f2s.com/spring.jpg
is made from 3/8" wide by 3/32 thick steel, has hooks at each end, an o/d of around 2 1/4", and has just under four turns. The relative position of the ends isn't critical, as there's a choice of slots to locate the inner end.
Should I try to find a spring maker who'll make small quantities (I don't mind buying one or two spares), in which case any suggestions please?
Or should I buy the material and make one? I'm familiar enough with annealing ends etc and handling clock springs, but for a spring of this thickness, would you buy hardened and tempered material or heat treat it after forming? Again, any materials supplier suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm between Derby and Nottingham (the best folk are).
--
Kevin Poole
****Use current date to reply (e.g. snipped-for-privacy@mainbeam.co.uk)****
Kevin Poole wrote:

I'm sure these would be made in the annealed state and then heat treated. I've used Springmasters, Lee Spring and Ashfield in the past for custom springs although only compression coil springs in small quantities but I'm sure they could help you or point you in the right direction.
Worth a phone call or email with your photo attached - (erm of the spring naturally!)
Bob
Bob Minchin wrote:

<snip>
Thanks for the suggestions and advice, Bob. Springmasters declined to quote, and Ashfield said they couldn't make this type, but suggested Lancashire Spring, who quoted 125 plus the usuals for a one-off.
So I raided the scrap Rover 218 in the garden and recovered a spring from it, which I stretched, bent, and attacked it with a Dremel until it fit. The job's a good 'un - perhaps. I've had to get new glass cut and toughened, too, and it's a bit lighter than the original, so all the errors may cancel.
--
Kevin Poole
****Use current date to reply (e.g. snipped-for-privacy@mainbeam.co.uk)****
Kevin Poole wrote:

Much more satisfying than just throwing money at it!
Thanks for letting me know
Bob