Source of balljoints?

I'm looking for a couple of balljoints to make a camera counter-balance steadier-thingy. RS Components do something that's sort of on the right track, but they're right-angled and the axial play is +/- 18 degrees. I'd rather the two ends were on the same axis, and more axial movement would be better (around 30 degrees, say). I've looked at off the shelf camera balljoints, but they tend to have a narrower movement with a slot to provide greater swing - I need something with a decent amount of swing in all directions, and no slot.

I'm not fussy about the end fixings - the RS ones are threaded bar / tapped hole (about M10), which is fine. Ball diameter around 10-20mm is what I envisage, some means of controlling tension/friction would be nice, and a way to lock it off solid would be good. The main thing, however, is that they need to have a very smooth action.

Any suggestions for UK suppliers?

Reply to
Wally