Stainless Steel mirror

I want to look into the mouth of the crucible of my induction furnace to see melt progression, but don't want to present my hansom face as a target for splashes even from behind a face mask. As the crucible is suspended at chest height (it's a roll over furnace) the obvious solution is a 'mirror on a stick' - but glass probably won't survive long in the foundry. Where to find mirror polished stainless steel in (say) a 6" square?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Why not polish up a bit of sheet and get it chrome plated. Reflectivity will be about 65% which is about the same as the standard for vehicle mirrors, so should be adequate I would think.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Got some of that stuff .

cant remember the thicknesses ...maybe 2.5 mm thick ,will have a look tomorrow.

Just send us your address and will post to you .

does it have to be 6x6 though

cant remember the post office rules etc what x what equals bigger charge for postage etc.

all the best.mark

Reply to
mark

furnace

survive

Mark,

You have mail !

Many thanks much appreciated.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Will 6" diameter offcuts from inside laser cut circles do ? Probably in 16G

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

As in like a cab ? Sorry couldn't resist

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Photographers suppliers used to sell glazing plates which were highly polished steel - not sure if they still exist in this digital age?

Reply to
Norman Billingham

Welding supplies have SS mirrors on a gooseneck for welding "around corners".

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller