Supplier of flat belting?

After some months of being without a lathe, I've
been given an old ZYTO, but I need some flat belting.
ISTR at one of the exhibitions that a firm (Hemingway?)
had some orange plastic round belting for drills that
you glued end-to-end.
I wonder if there is a similar product for flat belting;
specifically I do not wish to disturb the headstock and
the headstock's alignment to fit a belt.
Reply to
Polymath
go to A C Belting at
they will have all you need
Reply to
Nick Holden
I had exactly the same problem recently with my old Southbend. I didn't want to take the head apart to thread a new belt in, and didn't want one joined with "aligator" clips as they make a right racket -especially as the belt is open (health & safety? -not in MY workshop!). I bought a ready made & skived belt and some special glue to fix it together -worked great, but the glue was expensive (and lethal -poisenous, highly flamable, and an acid that you shouldn't let come in contact with skin!). Is is still performing well, and silently. I got it from Phoenex Belting (which is part of leicester bearings) -might be worth trying some local bearing suppliers to see what they can offer.
Regards
Kevin
PS if you're anywhere Coalville (Leicestershire) you are welcome to borrow the glue -I had to buy a small jar of it, but it takes hardly any to join a belt.
Reply to
Kevin Steele
Here's an idea The fire hoses that the fire service use would be ideal for the application your talking about. A WHILE BACK I had a look at the belt on my Jones and Shipman grinder........and I thought that looks familier..........it's the same stuff as fire hose .......take it from me. So get round to your local fire-station and ask if they have any ruined hoses.You would just have to cut a peice out and your away....one overlap when glued together aint going to be as bad as them other things that make a racket. all the best....mark
Reply to
mark
I had one made up by him for a Zyto that I briefly owned - worked just fine.
Regards, Tony
Reply to
Tony Jeffree