Taken the Plunge

Yes, and what super little machines the Kreidlers were!

They still have a big following in Europe and a couple of websites with the

1960's stuff in them.

Jawa made that very nice split single IIRC...

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Mine's a Triumph TSS. One of the last machines to leave Meriden, Owned from new but only run for three years... Every one coming out then was a Friday afternoon job. We're going to the Island on it for our silver wedding anniversary, so I've got another 5 years to get the final details of the rebuild sorted and get it back on the road.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Mark said ..........

So that's what the new workshop is all about!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Well thats nice if you run a shop with only CNC eqipment.

My workshop runs to a Triumph 2000, Bridgeport clone, both with digital readuot, a unimat 3, and pillar drills. The other toolroom I work with has a CNC mill, but also uses spark eroders, surface grinders, and has manual lath and mills. There is a need for paper plans for us both. I could use a laptop but scribling notes on the screen would mess it up :-)

My real objection to CAD in the hands of the "wizz kids" is as you have noted it's very easy to desine something that ( 1 ) can't be machined ( 2 ) can't be assembled ( 3 ) is a toal PITA when you have to do maintinance on it....

I once came across a plan of a factory whare " things got a bit tight " . The control cabinet was so close to the wall, the production line would have had to be striped down to move the central machine to fix a blown fuse.. :-(

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

In article , John Stevenson writes

Our new arrival will like that. Ovenpaa? Think we should let the UKRM chaps know about this?

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

Well the wife came home from Sicily last week, and much to my surprise, is not at all bothered by the new lathe in the garage and the impending arrival of the mill. The only stipulation was that I must now get the new bathroom I promised her, and figure out a way to stop all the 'sharp bits' as she says getting onto the carpets. Must have had a nice relaxing holiday.

Finally got the new lathe (the replacement one) working at the weekend too, after several days spent cleaning, aligning, adjusting gibs, and grinding tools, and did my first bit of screwcutting in 25 years yesterday.

Absolutely perfect with the the last few thou' to cut, when my 12 year bursts into the garage and I inadvertently engage the half nuts in the wrong position.....

Oh well, its all only practice anyway.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

More to the point did you engage his half nuts in the right position ???

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson