The quest is over, a new one begins!!

Having agonised over the replacement of my small bench mill for a considerable time the decision has finally been made and the deed done. Beer tokens have been passed to John S (the least cynical trader I have ever met by the way) and a Bridgeport is now resident in my garage (well all the parts are anyway). Although John keeps telling everyone that you can move these things with a van and one ton crane I still had some reservations, as usual he has proved to be right. Of course I still need to test out his assertion that they can be put together easily but that will have to wait until I have finished cleaning it.

I also believe that Peter Neil was right to warn about this addiction, there really is no hope once hooked. My wife insists that I need counselling but I have assured her that there is plenty of that available here, free as well. She isn't convinced though!!

So, if anyone has any tips on what to look for or check before re-assembling a Bridgeport I would be pleased to hear them. No doubt I shall be troubling you all with some more specific questions as I progress. As an excited new member of the Bridgeport owner's club, do I need to stand on one leg while shaking hands or anything. Perhaps that was a different club I was thinking of!

Anyway, big thanks to all (particularly John S of course) for the help and advice I have recieved it is much appreciated. I do however have one failure to report, despite diligent searching when I was at John's place I failed to spot even a tiny piece of floor. The worrying point is that after unloading the van and looking into my own workshop there was no floor there either. This is a rapidly spreading affliction - be careful out there.

Best regards Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk

Well done! The long and slippery slope begins here.... :-))

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Nice one Keith:) You'll notice the extra rigidity the first time you take a cut with it, well worth it, but don't they take up a lot of space in a small garage!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Peter, I had good cause to remember your comment re the Bridgeport and space this morning when "plan C" went t**s up. I'll just have to bite the bullet and clear a corner to make enough room for it, just means moving a long bench, the Myford and a smaller mill as well as a couple of wall cabinets. Ah well I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. More enthusiasm needed, good job there is no cricket to divert me today.

Best regards

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk