Tinplate?

I assume that the tinplate that goes into baked bean tins must be available from somewhere without having to bastardise the aforementioned tins?

(I have an idea to manufacture a suit of armour to replace the cowboy outfit***** of a young relative)

***** When the arab sheikh asked his son what was wanted for Xmas and got the response of a cowboy outfit, the sheikh bought for him the the gas board
Reply to
gareth

PS. Also potentially (sic!) useful for the rest of us if we're ever in situations where we'd encounter the trigger-happy plodderies; a tin plate waistcoat would be a great defence against the cowardly use of Tasers, which seem to becoming a more and more daily event.

Reply to
gareth

dangerous - sensible people make them from aluminium sheet.

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Yes - which is why you peen over the edge of all sheets and seal the seam with solder.

Reply to
gareth

Great in an electrical storm , human lightning rod.Light up your life.

Reply to
Bluey69

Actually they are "quite" nice as they are!

Reply to
gareth