tough rubber?

is there a way of making tough rubber for the home workshop? I'm thinking of something like a two-part epoxy, but rubbery.

hope that makes sense,
- peter f
(who is a chemist, but who doesn't know what happens when you mix hypo and steel - there are several possibilities.
generally speaking, the steel dissolves)

Sugru <http://sugru.com
--
- Matthew :o)

On 28/10/13 22:22, Matthew Sylvester wrote:

I need something tougher.
-- Peter F
Have you looked at the Alex Tiranti site? They have a number of different moulding rubbers available, some of which are claimed to be hard. Not used any of the rubbers but AT are probably worth talking to.

Two part polyurethane and silicone rubbers are available with various durometer hardnesses from the likes of RS, CPC etc.
I made up some washers with the stuff and was quite impressed.
--

Mark Rand
RTFM

On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 21:19:05 +0000, Peter Fairbrother

Greetings Peter, I know this reply is kinda late but have you looked at the Smooth On web site? They sell all sorts of different two part urethanes in many durometers. I have used their stuff and for me it worked well. I don't know if it is available in the UK though. Eric
On 17/11/13 23:25, snipped-for-privacy@whidbey.com wrote:

Thanks, that's interesting. I can't find a UK source though :(
-- Peter F
On 19/11/2013 09:14, Peter Fairbrother wrote:

Google Smooth On and find http://www.benam.co.uk/ then search their site for Smooth On
Henry who was just curious!
On 19/11/2013 09:14, Peter Fairbrother wrote:

Google Smooth On and find http://www.benam.co.uk/ then search their site for Smooth On
Henry who was just curious!
On 19/11/13 14:39, Dragon wrote:

Yes, I had found them - but they only do a very small part of the range.
-- Peter F
look up ITW Devcon Flexane. It is available in different durometer ranges. works very well.
Brian