tough rubber?

is there a way of making tough rubber for the home workshop? I'm thinking of something like a two-part epoxy, but rubbery.

hope that makes sense,

- peter f

(who is a chemist, but who doesn't know what happens when you mix hypo and steel - there are several possibilities.

generally speaking, the steel dissolves)

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Sugru

Reply to
Matthew Sylvester

I need something tougher.

-- Peter F

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Have you looked at the Alex Tiranti site? They have a number of different moulding rubbers available, some of which are claimed to be hard. Not used any of the rubbers but AT are probably worth talking to.

Reply to
Brassman

Two part polyurethane and silicone rubbers are available with various durometer hardnesses from the likes of RS, CPC etc.

I made up some washers with the stuff and was quite impressed.

Reply to
Mark Rand

Greetings Peter, I know this reply is kinda late but have you looked at the Smooth On web site? They sell all sorts of different two part urethanes in many durometers. I have used their stuff and for me it worked well. I don't know if it is available in the UK though. Eric

Reply to
etpm

Thanks, that's interesting. I can't find a UK source though :(

-- Peter F

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Google Smooth On and find

then search their site for Smooth On

Henry who was just curious!

Reply to
Dragon

Google Smooth On and find

then search their site for Smooth On

Henry who was just curious!

Reply to
Dragon

Yes, I had found them - but they only do a very small part of the range.

-- Peter F

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

look up ITW Devcon Flexane. It is available in different durometer ranges. works very well.

Brian

Reply to
brian