Two inverter drive questions

here

> Only a couple of PDF pages so file should not be too big.

try

That does'nt make sense to me either....would have thought the opposite was true....for reasons i've outlined.

Rob.

Reply to
Rob Wilson

I buy a lot of simple inverters made in Taiwan by Richol The 'manual' is a sheet of paper A4 sized folded into 4, full colour and printed on both sides.

They have 8 dip switches and 5 pots, that's it, you can't program them, nothing to program. What's really nice about them is that there are two wiring diagrams in english on the manual. One for using with contactors or switches where the command is always there and one for 3 wire operation on stop start buttons.

You do need a pot though as there are no onboard controls, in fact you also need a case as these are chassis mount inverters.

John S.

Reply to
John S

Translation issues.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I work in the IT industry and this very similar to what we see in a lot of products. It's what is known as the "what the f*** is that for?" feature

1) memory is cheap so you can code whatever functionality you like 2) small (and not so small vendors) get skewed by big ugly customers. "We won't buy it unless it does X", regardless of whether anyone else needs it to do X 3) No one wants to support multiple version of product so feature X and Y and Z gets rolled into their mainstream product even though 99.9% of customers don't need X, Y or Z or can't envisage a situation where your would need it

Stuart

Reply to
SB11

On behalf of any radio amateurs or short wave listeners within a mile or so of your workshop, please don't disable the EMC filter and leave the inverter wide open to create radio interference. At least get a big ferrite core and wind the mains lead through it several times to act as a common mode choke. If you tell me where you live off list, Tim, I'll invite the local amateur radio club to come and help you do this.

Regards,

Alan G3XAQ

Reply to
Alan Ibbetson

If I remember rightly, there isn't much within a mile of Tim's workshop.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Aside from a canal and the west coast main line

Charles

Reply to
Charles P

The WCML produces plenty of interference at times, especially in frosty weather. There used to be a Section Gap here, where there would be a mighty flash from the pantographs if the driver forgot to reduce the power, but I've not been aware of that for a long time. Outboard motors without suppression can ruin simple radio enjoyment sometimes, too, even on FM.....

I recently fitted a smart LED lamp onto my lathe, German made, CE marked and all the rest with its own 240v supply. I can't listen to ordinary FM radio in the shop while it's on, the cr*p it produces is appalling :-( In due course I'll have to find a space for the supply unit inside the electrical control cabinet and fit a screened lead out to the lamp.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Just to clear up any confusion, which it seems there might be - My original post referred to two different inverter drives, the one which I'm using and intend to continue using so long as it works does not require the removal/disconnection of any filter components in order to work in my setup (although the manual contains a similar warning about operation with RCDs). Once the installation is finished all wiring in & out will be fully shielded, for about 20' in the case of the mains input.

If for any reason I need to change to the other drive, and mess about disconnecting filter parts, I'll certainly bear your comments in mind.

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim