Use of lead pipe

I've got 25mm diamter lead pipe, one 37mm the other 45mm long. Ex gas pipe.
What use is there these days for leade pipe such as this?
I'll probably split the pipe and keep the sheet made out of it.

Melt it down and cast something useful with it! I've a collection of similar things and use it for casting bulb keels for model racing yachts.
Henry

Sometimes handy if you need to weight a cord that you are dropping inside a partition wall in order to pull a cable.

You could do what my father did at least sixty years ago; make a 4" square frame of 3/4" X 1/8" steel strip welded at the join and fill with molten lead. It produced the perfect punch block to use when using a hole punch etc. When the surface gets too badly marked a quick hammering closes up cut marks because the lead can't expand out of its frame. Also the blocks don't wear out!
John H

It makes very good mains water pipe. My house was converted to plastic before I bought it, but the neighbour's is still the original lead from 1959. The house I rented before, had its lead pipes from 1898. Good stuff :-)
Mark Rand RTFM
Mark Rand wrote:

Our mains water is connected via a lead pipe. I've simply forgotten how many years we have been here :-)
Bob
On 06/05/2011 08:31, Bob Minchin wrote:

It's OK as long as you have hard water, As a child I lived in a house that drew it's water from a spring on the side of a hill that in retrospect was obviously acidic judging by the vegetation, it was piped into the house via a lead pipe. I developed lead poisoning as a result. I'm still here, I think :-) . Don
On Fri, 06 May 2011 01:04:37 +0100, Mark Rand wrote:

T'was banned in new builds because of lead poisoning.
--
Neil
Linux counter 335851
On 5/5/2011 9:23 PM, Richard wrote:

I had an old Thor soft faced hammer ,copper on one side and nothing on the other I machined a ring from water pipe and placed it onto the edge of the empty hammer face and poured lead into it as a soft face for tapping down jobs in the mill vice .Remove the ring once the lead solidifies and cools right down. It's also good for adjusting jobs fixed to the angle plate to get them level etc.
For smaller jobs I cast a lead bar in some smaller water pipe and removed the pipe and now use that lead bar for all sorts of jobs . When the hammer face and lead bar get too wrecked I just remelt it and do the cast again.
--
Kevin (Bluey)

I believe that Colonel Mustard could use it in the Study....
ttfn
--
Roland Craven
Nr. Exeter, Devon, UK