looking for software to drive a rotary table

Can anyone help pointing me to a program that I can use on a laptop to allow me to drive my rotary table as a dividing head.
I have a stepper motor, the driver and power supply and a laptop I use in the workshop,
I have added a stepper to my mill to give it powered traverse and thought that a similar system for the rotary table with similar functions as say a division master would be useful but although there are many cnc programs for 3-4 axis use I could not find a stand alone solution for a rotary table.
Any thoughts ?
thanks Chris.
chrisw wrote:

Not sure if this is quite what you want but it sprung to mind as a possibility http://medw.co.uk/wiki/index.php?page=DivisionMaster
David Billington wrote:

I think he was trying to avoid the hardware version ;)
But the problem with a laptop is getting real time step information out, and unless there is a real parallel port, then you need extra hardware anyway. Something like DeskCNC might be an economic option, but I don't think there are any 'single channel' usb controllers around as yet?
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
Lester Caine wrote:

Lester,
Yes I just re-read the original post and noted that he did mention the Division Master there so I wasn't helping. No mention of the OS used but my understanding is that EMC2 is very configurable and upto 6 axis so maybe can be re-configured for a single axis. I've not used EMC2 yet in earnest as my refit of a Denford Triac is work in progress at the moment but will be controlled with EMC2 as I like Linux and use it for almost all my personal needs.
BTW I got the DRO 550 parts, many thanks. I noted your address afterwards, the Cotswolds is a lovely part of the world which I've visited on a number of occasions, especially Chipping Camden.
David Billington wrote:

Still the same problem on a laptop ... need extra hardware ;)

I'm just over the hill ... between there and Broadway
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Chrisw
A chap called Rex Swensen, who contributes to a horology group I belong to, has written a nice piece of software which will do what you want.
See www.rexswensen.dyndns.org:81/
HTH
Mike

Sorry - URL for Rex Swensen software should be http://rexswensen.dyndns.org:81 /
Mike
mikecb1 wrote:

http://www.pc-control.co.uk/stepperbee_plus_info.htm looks interesting Only low voltage unipolar, but two channels on USB ...
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

On Wed, 4 May 2011 01:37:09 -0700 (PDT), jackary

...but only any good on a laptop that has a parallel port - gettin g as rare as rocking horse manure these days.
Regards, Tony

So true... :)
Regards, Tony