Wall Brackets for large Flat screen TVs

Judging by the pictures I have seen of these hinged brackets, they look pretty flimsy, Does anyone have any experience with the engineering design / construction of these things. I'm contemplating having a 50 ins wall mounted TV. but the brackets?? are they sturdy enough? they look like bent tin. Don

Reply to
Donwill

Having just swapped a 42" set for a 47" one ... size is not the problem, since the 47" is half the weight of the 42". The brackets I used to use on site weighed a lot more then the current sets, so they tend to get stripped out and one of the lighter brackets fitted. That is if they need to be changed.

So what weight is the set you are thinking about? My 47" is 26kg and so fits a very light 30kg load bracket without any problems.

Reply to
Lester Caine

Ahhh, and I thought they were in the order of 70Kgms , perhaps they are a lot lighter these days? I haven't really decided on the make except that I fancy Panasonic based on past experience re reliability, however they are probably made in China these days, so there probably goes another theory down the tubes :-\ Don

Reply to
Donwill

They're rather thick bent tin.

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

I'm using LG now, very nice picture and comes complete with internet connection so that it displays internet TV as well as HDMI and other video sources ;) And VERY thin and light.

Reply to
Lester Caine

Given the normal fare of broadcast material, I'd say a Hilti gun through the middle of the screen should do the job fine.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Shute

Just a figure of speech, actually stamped ms I suppose. Don

Reply to
Donwill

Agreed, Very few good programes these days. Don

Reply to
Donwill

Very few NEW programs :( I can tell you which tool is going to be picked up next on most of the woodworking and the like programs.

Reply to
Lester Caine

A figure of speech with very clear implications, which I attempted to correct.

Indeed.

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear