BA Fasteners

OK, after the question about BA taps, one about BA screws and nuts.

I have been getting through a fair number of small BA fasteners recently, and I am fed up to the back teeth paying at least 20p each for the damn things in packets of 10 or 20. For metric fasteners I always buy in 100s or 200s

I have done several searches for sources, and I can't find anyone supplying small (say 10 - 14BA) in decent quantity (say 100s) at reasonable price.

I can't imagine the sellers I buy from (GWR Fasteners, or several suppliers in the O gauge railway world) make their own, so they must be buying from a wholesaler in boxes. Anyone have any idea where I can buy some?

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

always

Clerkenwell Screws:

109 Clerkenwell Road, Clerkenwell London, EC1R 5BY 020 7405 6504

or Modern Screw Co:

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Try EKP they make for a lot of the model engineering suppliers and sell most things in 10, 50 or 100s

Jason

Reply to
jasonballamy

In article , Andrew Mawson writes

Andrew,

Thanks for that. Such prices as I could see certainly look good, though it's a pretty poor website, and I'm not sure I was seeing normal lines or clearance. Don't seem to be any hex head screws either. I may contact them to find out more.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

In article , jasonballamy writes

Good one, Jason - hadn't managed to find that one on a Google search.

Thanks,

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

These folks list to 14BA bolts.

've never dealt with them but knowing the area, almost anything is available around there.

John

Reply to
John

In article , John writes

Thanks John, but they only supply to manufacturers, not to the unwashed public. They don't even put prices on the site, you have to talk to them to (presumably) convince them you are the right sort of customer...

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Shameless commercial here - I run Just The Ticket Engineering Supplies and supply all the stuff you mention in your various posts, and I like to think my prices are competitive, and I'm not VAT registered so you will not pay that a personal gripe I have when buying stuff mail order that one has to pay VAT on p & p. Website is

or e-mail snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com, and I try to offer a return of post service as far as possible. I don't increase prices until I have to buy new stock, so as metal prices have rocketed over the last few months there are some real bargains in my list, but they'll only last as long as supplies do!

Reply to
steamer

Roger,

I have no problem with the commercial, especially since you have quite a few of the things I was looking for, and at quite decent prices. I will be in touch.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Hi Guys

Just an answer to above question, I own GWR Fasteners & found this thread via google.

I have been trying to offer better prices to guys like you on the BA range & they do cost a lot for me to buy as they are all made in the UK.

So I have started to make BA screws myself now, at present they are all the slotted types not hex head.

I'm hoping I can offer better prices for anyone who wants to buy in

100's etc.

Sorry I don't want to advertise like this it's not what I would normally do but I just wanted to show that we are trying to offer a better service to our customers.

We would be happy to make any size you want if you wanted a 100 of one size also.

Hope you don't mind me adding my comments.

Reply to
gwrfasteners

--Have you got a website?

Reply to
steamer

Hi

My website is

We ship worldwide. We can also get a lot more products than on our website, new products are being added daily.

Regards Gary

Reply to
gwrfasteners

Are you related to the GWR who do model engine bearings?

Got a full ceramic full complement 708 or 709 in Si3N4 at a non-silly price?

As for your earlier post, yes it's okay to announce a service here, and maybe to repeat it once a year, wouldn't be considered spamming by me. Plus replies onlist and so on are okay.

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Hi Peter

We have no connection with them, the GWR has nothing to do with model engineering or railways it is actually my initials.

Regards Gary

Reply to
gwrfasteners