Supplier

There used to be several local model shops in north Staffordshire but in the past year or so five have closed down to my knowledge.

I want to get a small quantity of plastic angle strip. I know that I can buy on-line but those suppliers I have located demand quite large minimum orders. Can anyone suggest a supplier please?

Reply to
Dystopia

Funnily enough, B&Q stock a wide variety of this sort of thing (along with some metals) Unless you're after really small profiles. Don't know if all their stores stock everything, but certainly their 'superstores' (B&Q Depot) do. hth Mike

Reply to
MikeH_QB

Thanks Mike. there is a B&Q superstore close to me, I will give them a try. I am looking for something about 4mm x 4mm but I suppose I could trim it if I can get something close. Would that be to small do you think?

Reply to
Dystopia

May be a bit small as a stock item - as obviously they are aimed at DIY - edges for worktops, shelves etc. But I've had stuff frm there in the past and trimmed it quite succesfully. A very useful alternative you probably haven't thought of - go to a stationary shop, and see if they have any document edge binders (don't know exactly what they are called) - they are plastic U-shaped sections about 12" long designed to hold loose document pages together just by their 'springiness' - they just slide onto the pile of pages (I'm not talking about the 'comb' types that need a row of square holes punched). Easy to trim, would do the job for you I think. I've got a load knocking about and I use them for all sort of things - short lengths to fit over tool edges to protect them etc etc - a hundred & 1 uses! hth Mike hth Mike

Reply to
MikeH_QB

My tenon and dovetail saws always wear one when not in use.

Reply to
1501