Hobby shops in Orlando, Miami

Going on vacation next. Are there any good hobby shops in either Orlando or Miami? TIA, Curt

Unfortunately, Miami's best hobby shop, Orange Blossom Hobbies, went broke several years ago (actually, the store was always profitable, but the company was dragged down by their wholesale business, which was over extended). There are a few small shops around Miami, like Crown Hobbies, but you have to go north to the Fort Lauderdale area for really good shops. For plastic kits, diecasts, model trains and RC planes and cars, try RC Hobbies, 6800 North University Drive, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33321. Take I-95 north to Cypress Creek Road and go west about five miles to University Drive. The shopping center is on the southeast corner of the intersection (on your left). Prices are generally discounted heavily. Warrick Custom Hobbies, 7676B Peters Road, in Davie is also a very substantial store, but over the last year, they have cut back their plastic kit selection drastically, though their RC and model train selection is still pretty huge. Take I-95 north to I-595 west. Exit at University Drive and turn right. Go a quarter mile north on University, and the shopping center is on your left. Gerald Owens
    It is interesting that Warrick and RC are still in business. They were going strong when I left Florida 15 years ago.
    However, I never got the impression Warrick was strong into plastic kits when I was there. Did they decide to dabble with plastic, and are now getting out of them?
                            Bruce
"I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
On Jul 22, 11:46 pm, snipped-for-privacy@realtime.net (Bruce Burden) wrote:

Warrick moved several times since I started going there in 1974, from Andrews Avenue in Fort Lauderdale west to Davie Boulevard, then south to University Drive in Pembroke Pines, then back up University to Plantation, then two block south to their present location. The store is enormous now, about half the size of a Toys r Us, and they used to have a very good selection of plastic armor kits, as well as ships, cars, and aircraft, and aftermarket accessories like photoetch and metal gun barrels. Then last year, Pete Warrick looked at the printouts (accursed computerized inventory control!) and decided that he made more money on diecast toys. So the plastics section is a hollow shell now, just a handful of armor selections, usually the current Dragon releases (though about two months late). RC, on the other hand, has prices that rival online retailers, and offers a selection about as good as Orange Blossom Hobbies in their heyday, so it's a regular stop for me. Gerald Owens