Powershack petrol generator 950 spares

I have lost the carb needle valve to the above machine. I suspect that this is a 'generic' item but cannot trace a supplier. Can anyone suggest a supplier, please?

Norman Atkinson

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Anywhere selling these little gennys? Part comes complete with new generator, you can throw that away.

As these things are so cheap is it worth much effort trying to find a spare? Instead of throwing the new one away keep it for spares...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Dave, Replacement of a genny which has barely run an hour is hardly the way that those who have been retired for 22 years can conduct their lives.

Sounds grumpy for which I can only apologise.

Norman

Reply to
ravensworth2674

But they only cost =A370 or less... I guess being retired your time is c= heap compared to us workers. B-) Begs the question as to how the needle go= t lost on something so young and unused, idle fingers, poor eyesight(*), both?

(*) I can say that, without my glasses anything further away than 7" is =

out of focus. With 'em anything closer than 12" is out of focus, yes I need bi- or vari-focals...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Perhaps I could answer a few of questions and guess at more. Initially, the pivot pin was extremely loose and with using it infrequently I had starting troubles, oiling up and having to prime the thing with ether- after changing to a better plug. OK, at damned near 77, I up ended it and whoops, it was gawn- gawn.

Now, I understand machinery. Two lathes, a miller, several T&C grinders- some home made. Double distinctions in Motor Vehicle Restoration and a crate of equally useless thingies.However, I do involve myself with the World's Largest Charity. I work for the Royal British Legion and I still find time for my Royal Air Force Squadron association. If you check, you will see that I do write on Myford Lathes, quorn tool and cutter grinders and try to assist 'newcomers' because despite the gubbins, I am not an engineer.I'm 'en retrait' as the Irish say.

And as the French would admit, I have a third of an acre to look for a bloody needle in what might well become a haystack.

Casting my bread upon the waters has not come back all soggy. A rather kindly soul E Mailed me offering to try find something suitable in his garden business. Ok photos are required and I may lose more bits but Hay Hoe.

You know the expression-- Keep looking East, the last Miracle came from that direction-- and I missed that one. Maybe, my luck has changed.

Suffice, mon ami?

Norm

Reply to
ravensworth2674

There are times when the challenge overules financial logic and a pig headed refusal to quit takes over.

John

Reply to
John

I once skiied across Arctic Norway in -32C without a tent and what could be carried in an old pram handle Bergans rucsac. I bellyached but found the second in command had survived Dachau Concentration camp! From then on, the rest was easy.

Come now, do you really think that something as trivial as a needle valve is going to stop me?

Fama semper vivat.

Reply to
ravensworth2674