OT; Latest toy

Gentlemen,

If you would like to go to my album you will see my latest toy, it followed me home today and I have already had a tinker. It is taxed and MOTed as of this morning and purrs lazily along. It will keep me busy for a while as it needs a few minor jobs doing to tidy it but I know its history as it came from my brothers partners late fathers estate. It is the 3500cc V8 the police loved and is an Auto.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Very nice Martin. Mike.H.

Mike.H.

All that and free road tax as well!!

They used to go like s**t off a shovel, but in my vauge memory you had to be a bit tender with the gear lever, used to break off if I remember right.

Reply to
Barleycorn

Lovely cars IMO too. Without doubt the V8-S was the one to have, there's often one at my works (airport) car park that I always look at. Martin's is an auto so I don't think the selector lever will be snapping off!

Change the oil on a regular basis - the engines get cam and hydraulic lifter trouble if you neglect this.

Julian

Reply to
Julian

Its an Auto, I believe that prob occurred on manuals, and for its age it still kits in the back when worked :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Very fecund is it still? :-)