Plastic Drums

Hi

I am based in the UK and need to get hold of a company who can supply circular plastic containers. These have to have a minimum opening aperture at the top of 540mm and a minimum height of 600mm and have, if possible, straight sides. I have tried plastic barrels but unfortunately the sides of these are curved.

If anyone knows of a UK based supplier please let me know. Thanks

Craig

Reply to
Two and a Half

The lobster fishermen here in New England favor these for carrying bait. Used plastic drums are easily available for $10-20 US from fishing supply and hardware stores. Many of the barrel shaped containers in this area originally carried imported apple juice concentrate. I've never seen a label on the straight sided drums, so don't know what they might have carried originally.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Convert to inches and gallons please?

---------- >

Reply to
Dan S

If yer gotta ask fer that, yer not likely to be much use as a UK based supplier, now, are ya! :-)

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
trevor jones

540mm=21.25978 inches, 600mm=23.62198 inches.

Here is the link to download a nice little conversion program. No installation, just put it on your desktop, or somewhere handy. Converts just about any unit of measure, distance, volume, etc. It's called CONVERT, it's free, it's small:

Billy Hiebert

Gallons? Must have missed something and am too lazy to read the entire thread...

Anyhow... I disagree with the numbers above. You convert by 25.400072 or

25.400074? Here is what I get:

540mm = 21.25984251968503937007874015748"

600mm = 23.622047244094488188976377952756"

Based on 25.4000 conversion... LOL and an evil grin.

Regardless, there is no perceivable difference between the two unless you are in some super-industry that needs the tolerances that close.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

I didn't see it either. Lazy times two = 2 lazy.

I just copied the CONVERTER results, don't know what it's formula is. But I use the other conversion 0.03937*mm=inches. Then you get 21.2598 and 23.622 which is the same, rounded off.

I would certainly agree with that, especially in regards to the original post.

Reply to
Billy Hiebert

Sure was a fun trip though... :)

Reply to