Large Florida Manufacturer looking for fab shops in S.E. US

I am a buyer for Sandvik Mining and Construction, Driltech, located in North Central Florida. We are currently looking to expand our fabricator supply base because we are beginning to experience "on time delivery" issues with our current small parts requirements suppliers. In the past week I have sent out over

200 new parts for quoting to my regular supplier base and I am simply not getting quotes back. We have a fantastic group of suppliers working with us but our demand is simply outgrowing our supply base. I have 15 suppliers that I use for these small parts currently and I need a minimum of 2 more medium/large shops. To be very clear, we are not looking to replace any of our current suppliers, we need additional capacity. Most of you are probably familiar with our company thru machine shop cutting tools. I work for the Mining and Construction division but the parent company is Sandvik.

We have over 30,000 part numbers, which go into our rigs. I am responsible for app. 10,000 of those. They range from a part, which will fit in the palm of your hand to parts that an entire NFL team can stand on along with their cheerleader squads.

These facilities would have to have both fabricating and machining capabilities. No overhead crane requirements. My perfect shop would be one with:

Minimum of $1 million in gross annual sales (I am restricted to being no more than 20% of a suppliers business)

10+ certified welders AWS D1.1 Multiple welding stations Shape making capabilities (Oxy,Laser, and/or Waterjet) plate sizes 16 gage - 6" thick Plate bending Iron Working machine Large Radial Drill Press (not that important) CNC Mills Large CNC Horizontal mill (This would be a tremendous plus with min 47" on X, 44" on Y, potential for a particular gear box product line) CNC lathes (large and small) Manual drills Manual mills Manual lathes App. workforce of 15+ shop floor personnel Located in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, North Carolina, in that order preferred but will consider elsewhere. (Shipping charges would become a big issue on these smaller parts)

This is a lot of information I realize, I am not restricted to this size shop but it is in my best interest to locate 2 shops at least this size that have capacity available. I can not consider any 3 and 4 man shops or "start up" companies. The 20% rule excludes them, I am sorry. So, if you have a lead on a shop, which fits this description, please contact me at jerryfr40 at yahoo. com or phone me at 352-317-0096. If you would like to see a couple photos of a couple of our larger fabrications and to get more information on larger fab shops which we are also seeking I have set up a webpage you can check out. It is located at

.

We are also in need of 2 large fabrication shops for the parts shown on that website. These shops would have to have a minimum of 2 five ton overhead cranes to handle the fabrications. The largest fab that we have for these type facilities would weigh appx 55,000 pounds.

I CAN NOT deal with any paid manufacturing representative firms.

Thanks!

Best Regards, Jerry Housh

Reply to
Jerry Housh

Correction: You've been promoted from buyer to spammer.

You've spammed here: 2006-04-23

And here: 2006-04-23
And here: 2006-05-19
And here: 2006-05-25
And now, in sci.engr.joining.welding: 2006-05-29

Everyone in the fabrication industry has seen your posts. Those who have made a business decision not to respond, are not going to change their minds. Anything posted on the internet gets preserved forever. Your greatgrandchildren will be reading your garbage in their old age. Enough! Cease and desist.

On rec.crafts.metalworking you were directed to a fabrication shop capable of servicing your needs. You would be wise to heed that advice.

Reply to
Speechless

I was also directed to this group. I was told, as you pointed out with your postings of my previous posts, that I should have posted my search here in this group. I am sorry that you considered it to be spam. I am simply trying to find potential suppliers. This is not a con or a scam. My company truly does need to find fabrication suppliers. Thru my posts I have been received very good leads for a couple of shops. The one that you refer to does not do the type work, large precision fabrications, that we have to place. They were a structural shop. I did follow up on that lead though.

I have been using News Groups since 1998 and I would never have considered a search for welding businesses interested in taking in work to be spam. I apologies if I have offended anyone here, it was not my intention. I just thought that an employee or owner of a shop may see my posts and contact us. Not every person reads every board. That is why I posted to any boards which seemed to deal with welding/fabrication. To try and reach out to those people who only read a single board.

This will be my final post here. Anyone interested in the work can still contact me thru email or by phone. If I were trying to spam a group I most certainly would not have posted my own personal cell phone number. This is an honest and sincere attempt to place a very large amount of work with any shop capable of doing it.

Best Regards, Jerry Housh

Jerry Housh

Jerry,

I saw NO HARM in what you done! You documented and explained yourself very well! Some folks are just too quick to throw a stone!

Please come on back whenever you have the time to contribute to this newsgroup. Obviously, you must have some experience with metals!

Wrangler

Jerry Housh wrote:

Wrangler

I agree.

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment is to gullshit in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration, knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33

Reply to
Gunner

I really do appreciate your messages. The prior response really took me by surprise. I do understand the problem with spam on newsgroups as well, so I can see where the poster was coming from. I just disagree that what I have been doing was spam.

On a better note, I did receive 2 replies to my request so hopefully Sandvik will pick up a couple of new suppliers. I really REALLY do feel out of place sitting in an office. When our company decided to go 100% outsourcing on fabricated parts they came to me on the shop floor and said "We would like for you to come to the purchasing office to work with the suppliers and buyers on technical issues." I had been a machinist with them since 1987 and began my carreer in SC back in 1981. I was terrified. To this day I feel more at home in our supplier's shops working with the welders and machinists than I do in the office. One thing that I have learned is the most buyers have no clue just what they are buying. They are nothing more than part numbers and requirements to them. That is not a dig on them, they just never worked with the parts.

So, I said all that to simply say "thank you" to those who have welcomed me here and that I do understand why some would not. If there is anything that I could add to the discussion I would be very happy to do so.

Sincerely, Jerry Housh Sandvik Mining and Construction - Driltech Alachua, Florida

Jerry Housh

Jerry,

You're welcome... and I'm certainly glad that you've decided to stick around.

Although I don't contribute (I'm not really qualified! ), I've certainly learned a substantial amount from the folks in this group. I'm no expert by a long shot... but I still love to stick metal together from time to time!

Wrangler AKA Jack SW Florida

Jerry Housh wrote:

Wrangler