Wanted - J&S 540 Coolant Trough

The thin rectangular/box-section drain trough that bolts on at the back of the table - anybody got one they would care to part with? Have a large-ish grinding project coming up that would benefit from using coolant.

Reply to
Peter Neill

I'd rather not part with mine off the 1400, but it's not an enormously complicated bit of kit. It may be possible to cobble one up from a length of gutter, an end and a stopped outlet.

I made up a trough to guide the coolant from the outlet of the drain into the right part of the coolant tank by cutting one side off some 65mm square down pipe and solvent welding ends and spouts onto it. That might be better than guttering for the drain tray as well.

regards

Reply to
Mark Rand

Tried that:) Even got some smaller size micro guttering, but still can't get it to fit satisfactorily as there is bugger all space below/behind the 90deg elbow from the table. Thought about turning the elbow sideways but don't think it would drain so well. Thought I should ask on here & post on Homeworkshop.org as you never know what people have lying around.

Btw, you don't need a 20" x 8" mag chuck for your 1400 do you?

Reply to
Peter Neill