What's the name........

Of those knock in hardened screws/rivits with a spiral thread that they fit nameplates on with??

Second question who sells these in 1/8" shank, I need about 100 or a gross. RS don't list them.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

we use to use them at work.... i think we called them "hammer Drive Screws" not sure where we got them, but i am pretty sure the description is correct

hth

Tim

Reply to
Tim Bird

I know them as just " Hammer Rivets"

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Since you use a Brummy screwdriver they ought to be called Brummy screws :)

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

Drive Rivets, had a helical 'thread' and domed top.

I seem to recall seeing them someplace in the last year or so, probably at an ex-govt dealers?

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

I bought an assortment of these in different sizes (including 1/8") from J A Crew a little while ago. Very cheap. I don't know if they will sell just one size though.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Crossfield

John,

Round Head Hammer Drive Screws type U

STF catalogue - diameters #6, #4, #2, #0, #00 screw size

lengths 1/8" to 3/8" in sixteenths, material 304 stainless

I'll be placing a stock order with STF shortly - would you like some?

Best Regards Mark

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com remove troll to reply

Reply to
Mark Pinkney

Many thanks for the information both on list and by email. On the off chance I rang the local hardware suppliers just round the corner, didn't hold much hope out as they never have simple fast moving things in stock [ 1 1/2" x 8 wood screws?, Sorry Sir we are out of stock !!

-- 4" nails ? waiting for them to come in. ]

But believe it or not they had these in !!!! They called them hammer rivets got 100 off No 6 x 1/4"

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

How many times do I have to tell you people? It mist be the fifth time this week... We don't stock those items because there's no demand for them.

(sorry, couldn't resist) Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand