The right group?

Is this the right group for model engineering in the UK?

It seems to be more about buying lathes, etc, than model-making.

Reply to
Polymath

Yes.

Hard to do the one without first doing the other...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

You have the floor, the mic is live.. we're all listening....

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

Perhaps Mr.Jeffrey has confirmed in your mind the doubts that resulted in your question being posed in the first place?

Reply to
Airy R.Bean

Possibly. Stephen Howard has also responded unhelpfully, but then, so did you.

Reply to
Polymath

Stupid boy.

Reply to
Airy R.Bean

This is one of two groups that I know of in the UK,but there ar

probably more,I know of three in America that have people from the U post on them. Model engineering and full size is a pretty universal occupation,or i my case a hobby.

Equipment buying questions are inevitable,people want advice fro owners of existing equipment and what suppliers to avoid.

I'm sure if you posted a question someone would be able to answer it.

The only thing that suprises me is the majority of people here are onl guests for some reason,with very few bothering to actually join. Maybe someone could explain this.

Alla

-- Allan Waterfal

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Allan Waterfall's Profile:

this thread:

Allan Waterfall

You, _AND YOU ALONE_ are enough to put anyone off this group for life, and the others don't help.

I'm sorry if I wasted anyone's time by asking my question.

Goodbye to you all!

Reply to
Polymath

Hmmm, yet another unknown user from an unknown ISP....

Peter

Prepair Ltd

This seems to be as good as it gets. Same problem with many magazines

- more about buying cars, cameras, computers than about using them.

There are some threads about model engineering - be patient

Wilfrid

Reply to
Wilfrid Underwood

A model troll, perhaps?

Reply to
Erik Olsen

Allan Waterfall wrote: [snip]

This is not an RCGroups forum. It's a usenet group. There is no "membership". It's also customary to quote.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Auton

Perhaps you would be good enough to explain the difference for me. was under the mistaken impression it was a type of forum as it seems t run on similar lines....thanks in advance.

Alla

-- Allan Waterfal

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Allan Waterfall's Profile:

this thread:

Allan Waterfall

This should explain what usenet is:

Tim

Reply to
Tim Auton

Hmm.. uk.rec.models.engineering sort of gives the game away - doesn't it?

Invalid domain?

Troll perhaps?

Mark

mark.howard10

Perhaps not, we do discuss almost everything else on here as well as the occasional ME subject, just to keep it on-topic! :-))

BUT, I feel that it is the helpful and informative posts that make this such as useful group, and how often has a problem been solved by the regulars after a few bits of head scratching and keyboard bashing?

Out and out Model Engineering in capital letters we don't do much of at all here, mainly as there is so much documented material available if someone wants to take the time and trouble to find it.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Half term, innit!

Besides, for a troll he was rather short-winded. Not like our resident troll at all!

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

In message , Erik Olsen writes

No disrespect intended but do they have them in Denmark?

Reply to
Mike H

Hmmm......I tend to agree. Many questions about model engineering seem to go unanswered. If you want to know why our mains voltage is 10V high than Europe, or how to keep your workshop dry, or how to remove old sticky tape, then this is the place to be. This thread seems to be fairly typical of the group

Reply to
Mark

The content reflects what is posted by the contributors. Start a new thread if you want to see something different, but most of the guys on here are past the stage of wanting to know about 'how to build a model', and the engineering side is what tends to be asked about most.

Peter

Peter A Forbes