A web site that does exactly what it says on the tin....

I was talking to someone about how difficult it is to buy from a web site nowadays. So many people have missed the point. As a web designer I was told you should be able to buy something from a site in three clicks.

At last I found a site that allowed me to do this. It's called

and even if you don't buy anything it's worth taking a look to see how functionality wins over looks every time.

I know some of the pages aren't up yet but from the update page you can see things are actually being updated - wow what a concept :)

To prove what I mean, I asked my 11 year old son to add some rotor head links for my Hummingbird V3 Helicopter to the shopping basket and he managed to so easily it was a pleasure to watch.

Reply to
Nigel

Bloody fantastic that you have managed to find a site that's your own.

Should stand you in good stead when you go for a piss

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Amazing - he must be daft enough to think that we can't read message headers. Nothing like insulting the intelligence of your buying public to increase sales - perhaps he should go into advertising ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

The thing is it is probably a good site but they way it's presented puts people backs up.

Just a simple post saying I'm starting a new site please have a look and tell me what you think etc would do far better. This way people would know the connection and not feel insulted that someone is having one over.

Kick it off that the idea is to make ordering easy.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

And it says on the first page:

"Because we value our customers and do not want to lose them..."

...we'll try the old "blimey guv, I found this kushty website" routine.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

In article , Nigel writes

(Snip Spam)

So you think that dishonestly spamming your site here would make us think that you're a trustworthy person to deal with?

I don't think so...

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

I thought this was more in keeping.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Nigel,

I have been examining your 'Modelbits' small print and found the following within your Returns Policy.

.............. "Package the items carefully and return the same to us. If an item is sealed upon receipt it will only be accepted for return if it has a manufacturers fault. Items that are sealed and have no faults cannot be returned as once the seal is broken it cannot be accepted." .............

It would be most helpful if you would explain in simple terms just what the extract means in reality. I am rather confused as to how one could possibly know the item was faulty without actually breaking the seal to examine it. I find this to be a Catch 22 situation - you might believe otherwise.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

As I understand, that statement would be illegal anyway under the distance selling regulations.

You have by law, a cooling off period, usually 7 days (I think) in that if you didn't want the item, you simply return it, no questions asked. You cannot know if you want it or not without breaking a seal.

Regards, Dave Colliver.

- Portal Franchises available

Reply to
Dave

Hi,

Sorry about that, I thought I'd try some self promotion and really got that wrong. Please accept my apology, in future I'll make it clear I am trying to promote my site. I think my wool pulling days are over before they started...

Best regards,

Nigel.

Reply to
Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Please accept my apology. I tried and got it seriously wrong.. not again I make sure it's an advert next time.

Regards,

Reply to
Nigel

Be careful not to let them turn into spam days. Discussion forums are for discussing things, not for retailers to shove free advertising at a captive audience. Read the group's charter before you do any more 'self promotion'. Standard ettiquete is to not advertise at all. Instead, participate in the group and put a link to your web site in your sig.

Reply to
Wally

Hi Dave,

Thanks for pointing that out I have made the necessary changes. The text was a mix up from a site I created for a customer.

Hope the changes clear that up.

Regards,

Nigel.

Reply to
Nigel

Wally

I for one don't mind the odd advert, blatant or not, otherwise how do we learn of new products.

What does piss me off is the type of person [ fortunately missing off this list ] who jumps in on every query that even quarter relates to something he sells and then crams a load of blurb down your throat, usually followed by a sig line that say's it all again.

No Nigel at Modelbits has stuck his hand up, said the magic word and hopefully will become a regular.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Hi Nigel,

It was actually Mike that picked it up, I just expanded on it. My wife has a small mail order business and these are the rules. There are only certain items that are exempt, though I don't know what they are.

Regards, Dave Colliver.

- Portal Franchises available

Reply to
Dave

I must have missed something. How did you know it was his own site?

Ron

Reply to
p38arover

Simple really - snipped-for-privacy@modelbits.com was the email address of the guy that posted about the website

Wasn't too hard for us amateur sleuths to see through...

Regards, T>I must have missed something. How did you know it was his own site? >

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

In message , p38arover writes

Too simple Also it's registered to a N & J Marketing in Bournemouth.

There's more but you will have to do a WHOIS yourself

Nothing is sacred on the net LMAO

Wayne....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Ahh, my browser doesn't display the sender's address unless I reply.

Ron

Reply to
p38arover