A web site that does exactly what it says on the tin....

I was talking to someone about how difficult it is to buy from a web site nowadays. So many people have missed the point. As a web designer I was told you should be able to buy something from a site in three clicks.

At last I found a site that allowed me to do this. It's called

and even if you don't buy anything it's worth taking a look to see how functionality wins over looks every time.

I know some of the pages aren't up yet but from the update page you can see things are actually being updated - wow what a concept :)

To prove what I mean, I asked my 11 year old son to add some rotor head links for my Hummingbird V3 Helicopter to the shopping basket and he managed to so easily it was a pleasure to watch.

Reply to
Nigel

but why post this here when it doesn't do rail - even under the heading of "other"?

Reply to
Feebo

'Cause it was spam.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

heading of

Because, on the balance of probability, he's the proprieter of the shop, and clueless about this group. See

and you'll quickly see that it's run by someone called Nigel.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Not very clever spam either, fancy leaving the leaving the email address with the same domain of the site you are 'recommending'!

"at last I have found a website..." what took him so long? :o)

~Fil

Reply to
Fil Downs

I'd prefer it in bubblewrap, thanks.

Yes, I can see why you'd prefer functionality over looks.

OOooh, excellent. I'm in need of a few bits and pieces - how much do you charge for a cylinder head gasket for an Escort 1300 engine, half a pound of carrots, a ream of A2 paper, and a stallion called Boris?

R.

Reply to
Richard

and you'll quickly see that it's

Nigel seems to set low standards and fail to achieve them. ss

Reply to
Stan Scott

*ka-ching* the penny drops... doh!
Reply to
Feebo

In message , " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" writes

Is somebody busy making plans for him? Will he be happy?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Hi Fil,

Busted - and not a good atempt either :( Jut trying a little self site promotion but seems I got that rather wrong...

Stick to web design and model shops I think..

Regards,

Nigel.

Reply to
Nigel

Hi,

Yes I dropped a big one there sorry. I was trying to do a bit of self site promotion and got it wrong. I am based in Bournemouth and was seriously thinking about rail however we have a couple of really good shops down here, and now I think it would be best to leave that to the guys who really know.

I'm much better on helicopters and cars and think I should stick with what I know best. (not site promotion :) )

Best regards,

Reply to
Nigel

Hi Richard,

The cylinder head gasket for an Escort 1300 engine is on back order the half a pound of carrots have been eaten by the ass who wtarted this :) the ream of A2 paper has been used writing apologies and the stallion called Boris has been boiled down for the glue to stick down the envelopes.

Regards,

Nigel.

Reply to
Nigel

"Nigel" >

Nicely done.

Although I am v anti stealth spammers (classic - " I have just discovered this fantastic new site that sells ....""), I am quite ready to forgive someone who realises the cockup, fesses up and is helpful thereafter.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Wilson