A web site that does exactly what it says on the tin....

I was talking to someone about how difficult it is to buy from a web site nowadays. So many people have missed the point. As a web designer I was told you should be able to buy something from a site in three clicks.

At last I found a site that allowed me to do this. It's called

and even if you don't buy anything it's worth taking a look to see how functionality wins over looks every time.

I know some of the pages aren't up yet but from the update page you can see things are actually being updated - wow what a concept :)

To prove what I mean, I asked my 11 year old son to add some rotor head links for my Hummingbird V3 Helicopter to the shopping basket and he managed to so easily it was a pleasure to watch.

Reply to
Nigel

Well, it took at least 6 clicks to get to the pay page for me.

It is a nice site, though.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

And, after loking at YOUR email address, I see that you are promoting YOUR web site without saying as much!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

You're being a bit hard on your son - the Hummingbird V3 is not the most common helicopter. I reckon finding stuff for the Raptor's should be much easier - you should have asked your son to find a spare part for a Raptor (anyone will do, don't want to make it too difficult).

Cheers.

A different Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

Hi Paul,

As already pointed out by others in different groups I've been busted :( Sorry for any inconvienience this may have caused, just trying to promote my business a little.

Best regards,

Nigel.

P.S: I'm sorry it took 6 clicks - I am trying to make everything 3-4 clicks at the most. Tons more product to be added as time allows over the next couple of weeks.

Reply to
Nigel

He was having his son look for a part on HIS OWN web site. Not too hard.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Just a hint: If you want to promote your site, be up front about it. Do something like "Hi, folks. I just put up a new site and would appreciate it if you would take a look and give me some feedback."

BTW, 6 clicks isn't all that bad to drill down to find spare parts.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Reply to
Nigel

Paul,

I appreciate that .... I was trying (very badly) to be sarcastic. What I was trying to point out, is that if he asked his son to look on his own website for something other than Hummingbird spares he would have quickly hit what I frequently came across when browsing ...

"Sorry the spares listing for TT4851K - Raptor .50 V2 R/C Helicopter has not yet been uploaded. Check back soon or send an email requesting further info on the spares you need."

I found this on virtually all the pages in which I would have been interested ..... hardly an advert of a good website that makes buying so much easier than other websites!!!

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

Decent site , but it still doesn't come close to some others. Hard to beat the Tower Hobbies site.

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day