IndyRockets.org Web Site Back On-line (most of it anyway...)

The indyrockets.org web site has been completely rebuilt and is back on-line. There are still a lot of things that need to be finished, but it is usable. The rest of it should be in place by this weekend.

Mario

Mario Perdue

Hmmm. Looks kinda similar to certain other club's web site :-)

I know, I know, I need to modify my theme more from the basic ones... But it does prove how good an engine XOOPS is!

My compliments.

Chuck W Sharc, NAR Section 613

Sharc, the section where two out of three certification flights always work just fine!

Reply to
ChuckW

Yeah, Xoops sites do have a certain feel to them. It looks like we may have both used the same theme as a starting point too. I'm sure we'll both diverge from that point as time permits. I like some of the modules that you're using.

Mario

Reply to
Mario Perdue

Thanks Mario!

I wrote a couple custom modules for the site, including the one with the countdown timer. It automatically checks the club calendar for the nearest event with the word "Launch" in it. Then it pulls the relevant date/time/place data out of the calendar database and displays it.

I also have a module that pulls a random JimZ kit image or Ninfinger catalog page and displays it. Clicking on the image takes you to that page in the JimZ/Ninfinger site. I've got it down for maintenance right now but it's pretty cool when it runs. I call it Random Rocket History.

I'm eventually going to turn both of these into standalone modules that others can use.

Chuck W Sharc, NAR Section 613

Sharc, the section where two out of three certification flights always work just fine!

Reply to
ChuckW

"If at first you don't succeed, you're about average!"

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Yeah, well, my Piranha will fly again on a J350 at the Freedom launch in September. This time it has a 38mm slimline to help avoid, er, premature motor loss.

The amazing thing is that we found the casing on my first attempt after it was kicked out at 6,000 feet. No damage to casing or airframe, just my pride.

Chuck W Sharc, NAR Section 613

Sharc, the section where two out of three certification flights always work just fine!

Reply to
ChuckW

So.

In short you have way too much time on your hands.

:)

Perhaops a database driven prospect collection site would be a better use of your time??

Just Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine