Bonding polyethylene

Greetings,
My Thule (Atlantis 2100) car roof box is damaged. It's got some
significant cracks & the construction appears to be polyethylene. The
unit is quite new and the cracks are from a handling accident and not
from UV damage.
I don't think JB weld or the usual epoxies will work with this stuff
but before I try & leave a residue to have to deal with later, does
anyone know what works effectively bonding polyethylene?
Fiberglass?
If worse comes to worse I can get some thin aluminum plate and rivet
it back together & seal it with silicone rubber but if there's a
bonding method that is as strong as the original, that would
definitely be better.
Thank you for your considerations,
Gary
Reply to
MM
For accuracy, I was just notified it is specifically made of Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene.
Reply to
MM
The following link provides a list of plastic adhesives of which product 142/143 might be suitable for your application
Another link provides a bonding guide for various plastics some of which you may want to try as well
MM wrote:
Reply to
Rolf Wissmann
Thank you Rolf, I very much appreciate it.
Gary
MM