emulsion PB

hi everybody I want to know more about effect of pressure on synthesis of polybutadiene in emulsion process. Actually I like to know about synthesis of emulsion PB specially pressure effect. could somebody help me? Thanks

Reply to
moh3en

How much pressure are you talking about? Is it the pressure of the butadiene? Is it constant, or does it fall as the reaction proceeds?

The water is considered an incompressible fluid for the most part (unless you have very high pressures - unlikely in this case as they are certainly not needed). The main function of the pressure is to keep the butadiene in the emulsion and not have it vaporizing. As such, pressure can control the effective concentration of the butadiene in the mix, which then controls the reaction rate. There are plenty of old publications on this from the 1940's. Some of it should have made it into a textbook or other such book.

John Aspen Research, -

"Turning Questions into Answers"

john.spevacek