how to apply adhesion promoter

I want to know how to apply the adhesion promoter. I would be using (3-Aminopropyl)trimethoxysilane) as adhesion promoter between metal (copper)l and the polymer (acrylic acid based hydrogel).

Kindly let me know how to pretreat the metal and the polymer and further what is the best way to use this adhesion promoter.

I learned from one of the articles on web that the adhesion action would be better if active hydroxy groups are there on the surface. How to grow active hydroxy groups on the copper metal?

i)Microetching and and then baking to get copper oxidised is one way to get copper-oxide on the surface and then putting in water.

ii)Other way can be using some basic solution and dip coating the copper metal in it.

which out of above is better.

Also any idea about photo-initiator for the polymerisation of the acrylic acid based hydrogel is also needed.

Reply to
Sumi

Regarding your photoinitiator needs:

Are you polymerizing the gel in water? Or preparing it dry and later swelling it? Your options will depend on this.

Sartomer, Ciba and others would certainly be able to help. Or try a search for "water soluble" photoniniators (being sure to include the quotation marks).

John

Reply to
john.spevacek

Hi: I used TEOS with GPTMS, HCl catalysis for nanocoating, however, IPA as well as abrasion resistant are OK, water resistant is bad after 4 hours, what is going on and where I can get some paper talk about that. Even I add some polymer in hydrolysis, improvement is limit, it can stand 8 hours but still fail. I believe increase the density of curing is the right way, but is that so simple?

Chyun Lee

???????: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
leechyun