mirrorized film bags

Can a "mylar" type bag be produced on a perforated, gusseted, roll. If so does anyone know who is doing it? Thanks

Reply to
Whiteranch1

I am drawing a blank on a supplier, but keep in mind that "Mylar" is Dupont's tradename for polyester (PET) films. For some reason that I've never understood, mylar is most commonly used to refer to (generic) metalized polyester films. Knowing this may or may not help your search.

John

Reply to
John Spevacek

Thanks John, what I am looking for is biaxially-oriented polypropylene bags on gusseted perforated rolls. Any help will be much appreciated.

Reply to
Whiteranch1

Doesn't have to be Mylar to be mirrorized (Al deposited). My initial response would have been: Why do you want to punch holes in the bag when you would defeat the barrier properties? Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

Frank, I'm looking for a mirrorized film that can be converted to bags on a perforated roll. It doesn't have to be mylar. I just want it to be able to stand up like a pouch, have a nice fun crinkly sound, be printable, and to not let in light. The perforation is for convenience packaging.Any help would be much appreciated thanks, Candy

Reply to
Whiteranch1