NYLON-6 ADHESIVE

Howdy fellow polymer scientists!

I am new to this group and need advice from the experts.

I'm trying to find a readily available epoxy that will bond to this type of polymer: Nylon-6.

I will be doing frame mods to a Glock firearm frame and have tried a few, but i would like some advice from those "in-the-know".

The frame is made of a "carbon-impregnated nylon-6" to the best of my knowledge.

The actual formula is a well kept secret, though.

Thanks in advance,

COSMO

Reply to
COSMO

Here's one I clipped:

with carboxy and amine ends should bond well with epoxy. Would be curious as to how you know frame is nylon 6. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

few people come here!

Reply to
É¢²½µÄÓã

COSMO schrieb:

Do you really need an epoxy? Polyurethanes (e.g. Araldite 2018) or methylmethacrylates (e.g. Araldite 2022) perform better with any kind of plastics. To achieve long time durability you will have to prepare the Nylon surface by pickling it with formic acid (few seconds).

Volker

Reply to
Volker Borst

Variety of solvents are used to clean guns. One popular mix contains mineral spirits, brake fluid, acetone and kerosene in equal quantities. Plastics such as PMMA would not stand up to these. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo