Calculate the centre of gravity with resprect to geometry in sketcher

How to calculate the centre of gravity of the section and geometric centre of the drawing in sketcher. I need that point coordinates with respect ot sketch, section or coordinate system

Reply to
ramu

I don't think you can. You can calculate the properties of a cross section using analysis - model analysis - x section mass properties, but you need a solid section. just create one temporarily for your calculation.

Reply to
John Wade

So, what would it be in a sketch? Geometric center? You have to be able, somehow, to find it if you can find the center of the section which is no more real than the sketch. What if you fill the sketch with surface? Can you find the center of that? I'm pretty sure you can find the area, why not the center? Or is it possible, just not with Pro/e.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Well, there's measure - area - surface, but that's not going to give him all the info he wants. Whilst the surface has a centre, and must have moments of area, I just can't see how to get Pro to give them to me without soliding it up, then hacking a section through it. A bit sub-optimal, but that's my middle name.

Reply to
John Wade