cracks question

What if the nic is integrated with the motherboard and can't be moved?

Reply to
D.Miller

Not compatible, going from a PC to a laptop.

Reply to
Rod Roddy

use a hex editor to alter your loopback.sys file to have the mac address of you old nic

Reply to
Dave

Right on the money, Chris. The so-called 'software leasing' scheme that PTC and many others (including Microsoft) are pushing on the customers instead of selling the software outright is one of the biggest frauds of our time and should, IMO, be illegal. At least they should be obligated by law to offer both sale and lease. And even with their 'leased' software, they should provide a new license generation service to the off-maintenance ex-customers.

Reply to
Alex Sh.

I don't see why you couldn't move unsupported licences to any 'comparable' hardware you choose. You would get no support, but you know that already.

Reply to
Chris Gosnell

Pro/E sucks on laptops

Reply to
Wayne

Depends on the laptop.

We have IBM T41's with 1GB RAM, 1.6Ghz Centrino Chip and ATI graphics. Performance is almost as good as the 2.8Ghz desktop units with 2GB RAM.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

I found a great utility that is shareware that changes the MAC address in software. I loaded it on my new PC and it works great.

Rod Roddy