Curve formula

Hi guys, Could anyone give me a curve formula for making a spring with two axis. That's its shape in top view to be rectangle with two semi circles at its two ends.

Thanks guys Mohan S

Reply to
Mohan

takedown

I don't think you can create what you're looking for with a single formula. However, you can see how to create an elliptical helix here,

To create a rectangular or slot-shaped helix, you'll need to interset a helical surface sweep and a slot-shaped surface. The link below is for SolidWorks, but it should still apply.

On Dec 18, 11:29 pm, Mohan wrote: > Hi guys, > Could anyone give me a curve formula for making a spring with two > axis. That's its shape in top view to be rectangle with two semi > circles at its two ends. >

Very nice stuff, and even though demo'd in SW, typical Pro/e technix. But what about a formula? Ought to be some combination of a square drawing equation with a helix equation. Anyone? (I failed college algebra... twice! so the mechanics are beyond me. Maybe three simultaneous equations with x and y getting the box drawing function and z getting the helical function?)

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

?TID=29666 Maybe search for some more. Something might seed an epiphany. There have been a few discussions on planar curves that might be applicable if a z function is added. Trocoid and super ellipse come to mind as possible search terms.

Reply to
gluteous maximus equus