Hoses and Cables in ProE

I'm still somewhat of a novice on ProE, but something the "old-timers" here said doesn't seem to make a lot of sense...

We design and manufacter high-end lawn (turf) mowers. The Senior engineers never put in hydraulic hoses or electrical cables in the assemblies because they claim they cannot route them through the assembly. Often they leave them sticking out straight (which looks silly...).

Why can they route brake cables and fan belts where they are suppose to go, but hydraulic hoses and electrical cable can't be done?

Am I asking too much of them to place these where they should really go? Is it because they really can't route them properly, or is it because they won't do it?

Indyrose

Reply to
Rose

Anyway, Rose, if Ed Foxworthy says it can't be did, you can believe him. He's not lazy and he'd never bullshit anyone.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

I haven't that problem, but I'm not in front of a Pro/E seat now to check. As long as the curve is perpendicular (specified by being tangent to the normal edge), and produces no self-intersections, I had no problems making sweeps from general splines.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

One caveat: if creating datum curves in the assembly to show the cable path, be very careful what you use for references. If you reference from existing installed components (as is usually tempting when running a cable) and the either delete, replace or redefine one of those component, the whole shooting match can blow up in your face (and be quite difficult to fix).

Using a skeleton or simply referencing the datum curves only the the assembly default datums is better.

.... Sid (who learned this the hard way)

Reply to
Sid Herbage